Shopping for toothbrushes has never been an easy task. This is because you will buy a toothbrush for your baby but they completely refuse to use it. You may agree with me that most kids in their tender age are least interested in brushing teeth. This might worry you as a parent because you are afraid of plaque accumulation in your child’s teeth. Well, this should not worry you anymore because electric toothbrushes are now available for babies. Most babies enjoy a lot using electric toothbrushes compared to the manual ones mostly due to their vibrating motion in their brushing.
Therefore if your son or daughter is not interested in using a manual toothbrush, the best solution is getting them an baby electric toothbrush. It is however not easy to tell which toothbrush is best, may be because you do not know the features to look out for. There are quite a number of quality electric toothbrushes for toddlers and some include the following:
Philips Sonicare HX6311/07 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush for Kids
This is one of the best selling toothbrushes for babies in the market today, probably due to its unique features that are not available in most kid’s toothbrushes. It is the ideal toothbrush when you are introducing your baby to brushing for the first time because it has some musical tunes that will make brushing for your baby quite fun and will make them develop that good habit of brushing.
- The head is the ideal size for a baby’s mouth hence will not strain your kid by forcing them to open their mouth wide to accommodate the head.
- Comes with stickers of different designs to make tooth brushing more fun.
- Has musical tunes to encourage toddlers to brush for a longer time for cleaner teeth.
Brush Baby Baby Sonic Electric Toothbrush
This is a specially designed electric toothbrush for toddlers from the age of 1 year when they first start growing teeth. It has very soft bristles thus ensuring that the gums of your baby are gently taken care of. It is however designed for use by you, the parent, on the baby and the toddler should never be left to brush teeth unsupervised by an adult.
- It has a very small head which is 1cm long and 1/2 cm wide and thus perfectly fits in the baby’s mouth without straining.
- The buzzing motion produced once it is activated ensures that the baby’s teeth are cleaned thoroughly but gently.
- It has an inbuilt 30-second pulse reminder that signals when it is time to switch from brushing lower teeth to upper teeth and from left side of mouth to the right.
- The battery is not rechargeable but has to be replaced occasionally once the power is exhausted.
Summer Infant Gentle Vibrations Toothbrush
This is a great starter toothbrush for toddlers right from the age of 10 months because some babies grow teeth at that tender age. It has super-soft bristles that will gently care for your baby’s tender gums. It also has three unique toothbrush heads for different purposes, one is used for gum stimulation while the other two are for regular brushing.
- Has a very thin handle that fits well in the baby’s tiny hands making it easy to hold.
- Its battery is rechargeable and thus saving you the costs of frequent replacement it its power runs out.
- It has a separate storage case for keeping the toothbrush and also good for storage during travel.
- Once the bristles are bend, you cannot buy replacement brush heads but you will have to buy the whole set of a new one which is more costly.
Upgrading your toddler to the best baby electric toothbrush will make brushing less hectic and encourage proper dental health from a very tender age. Before getting your baby an electric toothbrush, it is advisable to first check the age limit of such a toothbrush because there are some toothbrushes that are not recommended for children under the age of 3. It is also good to supervise your baby’s brushing especially if they are 2 or 3 to ensure that they use it the proper way to avoid harming their gums.