Are you suffering from receding gums? When the tissue surrounding your teeth starts pulling back, it is usually a sign of receding gums. The dental condition can be caused by age or poor dental hygiene. When the gum tissue starts receding, it exposes more of your teeth, which can be an unpleasant sight when smiling. If not taken care of, receding gums can also lead to other dental conditions such as gum disease; it exposes the roots of your teeth, which provides bacteria with access to the bone structures of your teeth. Luckily, you can treat gum disease and reverse the damage caused to your teeth. One of the best and simplest ways of doing this is by using an electric toothbrush.
Why electronic toothbrush?
When using a manual brush, the hard and aggressive brushing that most people are accustomed to can cause trigger or worsen gum recession. Electronic toothbrush on the other hand limits the amount of time you brush your teeth, which ensures you do not over-brush. Most of them also come with a pressure sensor to warn when the pressure on the teeth is too much. This makes them perfect for treating receding gums.
Best electric toothbrush for receding gums
When shopping for an electric toothbrush for the first time, it is possible to be confused by the wide variety of options on the market. Luckily for you, below is a pick of some of the best electric toothbrush for receding gums:
Philips Sonincare DiamondClean (HX9332/05)
The Philips Sonicare HX9332/05 is one of the most popular electric toothbrush. It is designed to offer healthier gums, and features 2 brush heads. It comes with a soft body, which provides maximum comfort during brushing.
- 5 cleaning modes – it comes with 5 distinct cleaning modes, which offer more effective gum cleaning
- Timer – it comes with two times, which keep you on track while cleaning your teeth and ensures you brush your teeth safely
- Rechargeable battery – it comes with a rechargeable Lithium polymer battery, which delivers up to three weeks (42 uses) with a single charge. The toothbrush comes with indicator lights, which alert you when the charge is running low.
- It is easy to use, and features a control button for switching brushing modes
- It comes with a stylish, classy design
- It delivers a powerful performance
- It can be a little noisy compared to similar toothbrushes
Waterpik (WP-900) Complete Care Water Flosser
Waterpik WP-900 is a sonic toothbrush, which you can use for both brushing and flossing. It uses advanced technology, which combines water pressure and vibrations to effectively remove plaque from your gums.
- Pressure control function, which features 10 different pressure settings
- A 2-minute timer with a 30-second pacer, which reminds you to change the brushing area
- Speed control function – it comes with a speed control button on the handle for controlling the brushing speed
- You can use it for both brushing and flossing your teeth
- It features a recharge indicator
- It comes with two brush heads
- The pause button gets stuck sometimes making it impossible to brush your teeth
Oral B Professional 5000
The Oral B Professional 5000 from Braun is a rechargeable electric toothbrush. It is one of the most popular toothbrushes, and is recommended by several dental practitioners worldwide. It features a floss action, which ensures the bristles enter deep between the teeth.
- 3 dimension cleaning – it cleans the teeth by oscillating, rotating and pulsating, which helps to remove more plaque than manual toothbrushes
- 5 cleaning modes – it comes with 5 cleaning modes, which are designed to offer you a superior cleaning
- Pressure sensor – it is equipped with pressure sensor indicator lights, which lights up to warn you when you apply too much pressure
- Timer- comes with a 2 minute time, which pulses every 30 seconds alerting you to switch the brushing to another region of the mouth
- It features a pressure sensor
- It uses lower speed settings to allow for gentle brushing of the teeth
- It comes with two brush heads, one for brushing and the other for flossing
- The brush head bristles penetrate deep in between the teeth
- It has a strong, but comfortable handle
- It is a bit expensive
- Some of the speed settings are pointless; it can still work great with two settings